BEGINNERS COURSE ON SETTING UP A WEBSITE
Web training courses for Beginners can be booked for 3 mornings over 3 weeks. It can be for a group of 4 or for one to one training. The Course is held in Web Training Wicklow Offices in Delgany Co.Wicklow. Total cost per preson is €380 + vat
- Week 1 & Part I – 10am – 12noon
- Week 2 & Part 2 – 10am – 12noon
- Week 3 & Part 3 – 10am _ 12noon
Part 1 – Why On line?
•The Irish online landscape and what are the benefits to your business
•The internet and the way it is used
•Search Engines and how web sites are found .com & .ie log in or log out.
•Sites that make the first page and why
•Building online presence
Preparing for your website – Who, What and Why
• Who are you trying to target
• What are you trying to sell, promote or inform
• Why do you want a web site?
• Picking a Domain name
• Preparing visual images, content and call to action
• Set up a Gmail account for Part 2 and 3
Part 2 – Setting up a web site with WordPress
• Installing WordPress
• Confirmation details by email and saving site information
• Using the control panel
Start building the site with WordPress
• Overview of the WordPress Dashboard
• Where to begin and setting up the home page
• Adding upgrades and plugins
• Site Settings and adding your location and Social networks
• Picking a theme and preparing your graphic banner
• Adding images and links to pages
• Help and support – How to use it
• Using the Search Engine Optimisation package
Part 3 – Google – AdWords, Keywords and Analytics
• Using the keywords tool
• Setting up a Google Ad words campaign
• Analytics: what it is and activating it.
• Outline other useful google tools: Picasa, Google Maps, You Tube & Docs
Finally, finish off with links to helpful information sites and links to training videos
To view WordPress web training courses or if you need more detail information just click here.